Saturday, October 31, 2009

Quick Post from Roseburg, OR

Our last golden day off on tour was spent in Roseburg, Oregon and it was a pretty lazy day for me.  Started out as a cold, drizzly day so I pretty much stayed in the room.  Mike O and I walked up to Walgreens after the rain let up.  Mike, Robin and I went back to Casey's for lunch then I came back to the room and read and slept through most of the afternoon.

Just to get out of the room for a while Mike O and I decided to take a walk in a park not far from the Windmill Inn.  The clouds broke up a little and we got a chance to taste a little fall foliage, Roseburg style.


The Umpqua River which runs through Roseburg


Sunset over Roseburg

Back in the room for the night and watched a little of the World Series. (Did you know Lou Gehrig had the highest World Series batting average?  .361)  We get that extra hour of sleep tonight (just in case I didn't get enough during the day) but we leave at 8:30 in the morning for Longview, Washington and a 3 PM matinee.

Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment