Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Out in the West Texas Town of El Paso

We left Ft. Stockton this morning and it was warm - 82 degrees.  There's not a lot of settled territory between Ft. Stockton and El Paso, just a few houses here and there (many deserted) and a couple of small towns.  But the scenery is incredibly beautiful.





Unfortunately the pictures just don't do justice to the true beauty of the land.  It's also difficult to give a true sense of how cool it was to be flying along the roads in West Texas at 80 mph (the speed limit!) while Mike O, Gannon and David were jamming in the front lounge of the bus.



Gannon, Mike O and David getting down at 80 mph

We came into El Paso on I-10 and could easily see Mexico in the not too distant south of us.  We checked into our hotel and grabbed a bite to eat, rested a bit and made our way onto the campus of the University of Texas at El Paso (UTEP), home to the Magoffin Auditorium, our venue for the evening.






We'll get up bright and early (for us) to head out at 8:30 tomorrow morning for Gilbert, Arizona just outside of Phoenix.  It should be a seven-hour trip including our lunch stop which should get us into town in time to check into the hotel and rest for a couple of hours before tomorrow night's show.  So this is our last stop in Texas and it's been a wonderful stay.  I've got a few more Texas photos and I'll try to get another Texas blog entry somewhere down the line.  For now - on to Arizona!

2 comments:

  1. Loving this blog....loving ! Makes me feel like I'm with you, while simultaneously making me wish that I was....

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Makes me feel like I'm with you, while simultaneously making me wish that I was...."

    That says it all, right there. Travel safe!

    ReplyDelete