Saturday, September 26, 2009

Heading to Lexington

After spending the night back in Abingdon we took a rainy drive to Lexington yesterday for our last long leg in the van. We'll get the tour buses this weekend and they have wireless so I'll be able to post on the road. As soon as we got to the hotel in Lexington we grabbed a bite to eat and then headed to the Lexington Opera House for the evening show. The Opera House is a beautiful old theater in downtown Lexington, I tried to take some pictures (which I've posted) but they don't do the place justice. I'll try to get better ones today.

Two shows today and we'll have to contend with heavy rain and the traffic from the Florida-Kentucky football game crowd.

Several of us noted yesterday that it's starting to feel like we're actually on tour now. The trip to Greeneville was great but it was so close to home that it felt more like a day trip than actually heading out on tour. I guess the realization that we won't be back now until nearly Thanksgiving combined with the travel yesterday makes us feel that things are really underway now.

2 comments:

  1. I realized the same thing as I watched you all drive away yesterday...yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous that you have a tour bus! Have fun! I'll be following you regularly.

    Connie

    ReplyDelete